• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Set Download/ Export Destination and Resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alockwood03037

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
Web/ Cloud
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
I am making a photo book in Printique. It does direct import from Lightroom, but the photo quality varies and is poor in a lot of places (much poorer than my nicely edited collection in Lightroom!). I would like to export my Lightroom photos to my hard drive, then import them to Printique to see if that helps.

The only way I can see to "export" in Lightroom in the cloud is the Download button. And that does not allow download resolution/ size settings, and it will only export into the Downloads folder on my Mac.

Is there a secret place to set Download settings? Or a better way to export to my hard drive? Some years ago I was using Lightroom Classic (but not on this computer) and I was used to having many settings to ensure my photos came out high quality. I feel silly for not being able to find them now.

Thank you!

No, the Web app has no "export" options, only the simple download function. So why not use the Lightroom desktop app instead, which now has most of the same export options as Lightroom Classic?

Well, I like that idea now that I'm getting more familiar with the web app. (I do absolutely love the mobile app for quick quality edits to single photos.). This is definitely a 101 question, but do you know if I have to pay for the desktop app in addition to paying for my Creative Cloud subscription?

This is definitely a 101 question, but do you know if I have to pay for the desktop app in addition to paying for my Creative Cloud subscription?
The Creative Cloud Subscription come in two flavors The Lightroom Plan which includes the Lightroom Desktop and all of the mobile cloud based apps including the access to your images via the cloud. The Other is the Photography Plan that includes the Lightroom Plan plus Lightroom Classic and Photoshop. Lightroom Classic has a local catalog of your images and can access the cloud to send local copy to the cloud and receive (sync) images imported via one of the Lightroom apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back