• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

"Server Busy" problem back with a Vengeance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggy

Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 7.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Anybody else getting that every time they start up LR7.3? (Win10, AMD A8-3500M w/8GB (maxed))
I used to frequently get that at times, but mostly back in the ~LR4 era.

I also remember John B mentioned that he came across that problem frequently at times, as well.
It doesn't matter if opened right after a reboot or not - nor how many times LR is restarted. It happens every single time right now. (I have a hint of a memory fragment that sometimes subsequent reopenings wouldn't trigger it at various times.) As one might surmise from the sound of it, it takes forever to open LR now.

To anyone that has had that problem in the past or currently, do you know/remember the way you solved it (if you did)?

Last edited:
Yes, I had it for a couple of years, thought it wasn't every time. Usually I could wait a few seconds, then Retry would work, and I didn't get it if I restarted LR a few minutes after closing it. The solution was to change the power settings on the spinning hard drives so they only go to sleep when the computer is powered down or sleeping - since then I have never had the message.

John

I have posted about it before, Matt, but I should add that I suspect that other things can trigger the message.

John

I have posted about it before, Matt, but I should add that I suspect that other things can trigger the message.
Understood and agree, but an interesting variable to consider. As I use SSD drives for the catalog I probably do not have that issue, but I have seen Server Busy at some stage in the past.

On a parallel track I have found that getting Paypal transactions authorised is sometimes very slow. Paypal have a reference to changes in enterprise DNS settings results in some routers now rejecting long (ie 4k blocks) internal messages, resulting in delayed or dropped authorisations. Maybe this might be a factor for Adobe with some router settings.

Well, it was certainly worth a try, especially seeing as how my catalog is on SSD and images on a spinner. And it turned out that indeed the HD was set to spin down sooner than the sleep time. But still no-go, this time around. Thanks for a possible thing to try though, John.

Ehh.. Hopefully my new computer won't exhibit it. It's a good thing though, that my attention is more towards my e-cig flavoring hobby right now. On top of the 'server busy', LR is just too slow on this aging laptop. I suspect the slowness is also why I'm more toward my flavoring hobby lately. Heck, even my recipe calculator (has database w/inventory-tracking) is getting quite slow right now. :facepalm: On the bright side, I just developed a mean Key Lime Pie, along with a darn good Twinkie replica. :smug: Just like with images though, one always has that feeling of 'just one more tweek...should make it perfect'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back