• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Library module Sequencing photos in multiple folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmiles1030

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 9.1 [ 201911291132-64cf80b4 ]
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi. I shoot a lot of theater performances for the local schools. I try to attend the tech/dress rehearsal and a couple of public performances. I end up with a set of photos in folders by date for each performance. I am looking for an automated way to group the photos taken on different days by scene. For example I might have 10 photos of scene 1 and 50 photos of scene2 taken on Monday and 20 photos of scene 1 and 10 photos of scene 2 taken on Tuesday. I want to create a collection that would let me sort the photos so they would appear as photo#1 from Monday, photo#1 from Tuesday, photo#2 from Monday, photo#2 from Tuesday, photo#3 from Today and so on.

Any suggestions on how I might do this?
Thanks,
Dan

Why not do it inside of LR and just create collections? For example, you could have collections called - scene 1, scene 2, scene 3, etc... Then when you import the images, select all of the scene 1 images form that day's shoot and just add them to the collection by drag and drop.

Good luck,

--Ken

Or use a single collection and create stacks within the collection.

Collections yes, but one for the whole show.

I'd use keywords and smart collections. Keywords like "scene1" and "scene2" Then add at least this one criteria to these collections
{keyword}{contains}{scene1}
If Day 2 images fall inside the Day1 images in duration of the scene, you are not going to have that information in the metadata and will need to sort each Smart Collection manually to get the images in each scene in scene order.

I second the suggestion to use keywaord and smart collections. Theses smart collections can even be in a collection set for the whole show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back