• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Selective syncing from Lightroom Classic to Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn.seale

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version 10.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi all. I primarily work in Lightroom Classic. I do want to be able to take advantage of some very limited cloud functions, primarily to share a collection with others. I don't want my full Lightroom catalog to sync with the cloud, but rather, just want to sync specific collections. I can't figure out how to do that selective syncing. When I turn on syncing, it seems to want to sync the full catalog to the cloud. I hope I am missing something obvious, but can't figure it out and couldn't find a helpful link on the web about this either. Would appreciate any useful guidance or info on this. Thanks in advance...

Adobe only syncs designated Classic Collections and any image that you may add to the “All synced Photographs” special collection.

There is an option to Migrate your whole Classic catalog to Lightroom in the cloud. You do not want to choose this option if you are wanting only SOME images in the cloud.

Adobe only syncs designated Classic Collections and any image that you may add to the “All synced Photographs” special collection.

There is an option to Migrate your whole Classic catalog to Lightroom in the cloud. You do not want to choose this option if you are wANTING ONLY SOME images in the cloud.
Thank you, Cleetus. I may have had some sync issue from previous use. I'm trying to work through that now and appreciate the input. Do you happen to know where that setting is for migrating the Classic catalog? Sorry to have such a newbie issue, but I find that the Adobe ecosystem is not all that transparent or easy to navigate!

"When I turn on syncing, it seems to want to sync the full catalog to the cloud"

What is it that makes you say this?

"When I turn on syncing, it seems to want to sync the full catalog to the cloud"

What is it that makes you say this?
Hard for me to nail down exactly. The online cloud was showing a bunch of space taken up on my allocation (90GB of 100GB) but no files were listed. There were also a bunch of sync errors showing up for files that I had not selected to sync. So I think this was the remnant of a prior trial use of Lightroom CC, before I realized that it was a different (cloud) product than the Lightroom Classic. I reverted back to using Lightroom Classic, after years of not using Lightroom at all (was previously a Lightroom 6 user). I think I've made progress on resolving this now, as I deleted the online sync errors, including emptying the trash, etc. I am now seeing the one synced Catalog that I wanted to see online, so I will call this question "done" for the moment!

It sounds like the 90gb will be files that you imported into Lightroom Cloudy, so copies of your originals which it stored in the cloud.

But remember that your Adobe space includes these originals and potentially other files. For example, you may have stuff in the Dropbox-like Creative Cloud folders.

If you are certain that you have all your originals recorded in Classic and stored on your own hard drives, then on the Preferences / LR Sync tab there is a button to Delete All Synced Data. This would allow you to start LR sync from scratch.

It sounds like the 90gb will be files that you imported into Lightroom Cloudy, so copies of your originals which it stored in the cloud.

But remember that your Adobe space includes these originals and potentially other files. For example, you may have stuff in the Dropbox-like Creative Cloud folders.

If you are certain that you have all your originals recorded in Classic and stored on your own hard drives, then on the Preferences / LR Sync tab there is a button to Delete All Synced Data. This would allow you to start LR sync from scratch.
Thank you, John...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back