• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Segmentation on desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBarryS

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I love the Segmentation feature on iPhone and iPad. I use it a lot in Collections for asset management.

However, I cannot find it on Desktop or Web….. especially in collections………am I overlooking it?

If it is not offered, then why would that be, and what is the work-around?

No, you're not overlooking it, that feature isn't in Desktop or Web yet. Hopefully it will arrive at some point in the future.

As to why it's not available yet, you need to bear in mind that all these products started out at different times, so with that plus the different operating systems it's not difficult to understand why some divergence has taken place. Adobe are frequently reminded of the need for feature parity across the cloud ecosystem, and they do maintain that it remains a goal. They made some progress with the recent updates, but there's plenty more still needed.

Thanks Jim, I went to the Adobe site and added my VOTE for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back