Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom CC
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Good afternoon.

New to this site, thus possibly this query or general area is addressed somewhere, but I couldn't locate it. If someone has a pointer to it, that would be appreciated.

I'm new to Lightroom, but enjoying it immensely along with the advice from the book above and the comments on this site. Photoshop I found daunting and I didn't have the time for the evidently huge learning curve.

I have many photo of flower blossoms - close-ups but not macros - as I continue to tame my inner engineer voice...

I've been trying to adjust the RAW images from the original colour - which is vibrant certainly - to one which appears to have a frozen/silvery appearance, with just the tinge of the original colour on the fringes?

Should I be using the full RAW and removing aspects from it and adjusting, or converting it to B&W and adding aspects to it and adjusting, to get to the desired end?

Or alternatively, seeking the easy way out, is there somewhere I could look to find a preset which might do this?

All advice gratefully received,

Dave Noble

Hi Dave,
What you described in your post to me is a subject matter for Photoshop. Even though you might be able to achieve the result with Lightroom, you can have a far better control of this kind of modification in PS. To the best of my knowledge there is not such a preset that can automatically identify and "saturate" leaf or petal borders in LR.

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks for that - I won't be trying to use Photoshop, so I guess that's out.

Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Cheers

You're welcome Dave, that's what forums are made for.
An alternative solution that comes to my mind is to use the adjustment brush. First use a large hard brush to paint all the photo and adjust the sliders to obtain the required frosted look. Then with the eraser brush carefully (and painfully) remove the settings from the rims to bring back the original colors.
Let me know if you try this!
Umberto.

Sent using Tapatalk

Greatly appreciated Umberto - it is still all a little foreign to me, in terms of the processes and sequences, but you've provided me some baby steps to undertake and experiment with.

Cheers, will report back in a bit.

Can you show us an example Dave? And a link to one that you're aiming for? Then we can give you more specific instructions.

Thanks for this suggestion Victoria.

I think for the moment I'll carry on educating myself before simply asking for help.

I'm in the middle of a Lightroom preset feeding frenzy just now, and have downloaded a number of presets which offer various B&W possibilities, among others.

I'm going to carry on playing with those and then perhaps I'll have something more definitive than simply a generalized question.

thanks to all who have commented, more to follow.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back