• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Seeing file extension in LR mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Creative cloud latest version
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
  2. iOS
I’m using LR classic and sync to iPad and iPhone mobile apps. Is there any way to see the file type (jpeg,nef) for the photos on the mobile apps? I’ve taken jpeg+nef on D800 so will see 2 identical photos in the mobile apps. But I want to mark one of these as rejected, in most cases the NEF file. But I can’t tell which one that is.

When you are looking at a particular photo select "info" from the top left drop down menu. This will tell you the file type.

Better still, in the grid view of the mobile app, a two-finger tap cycles through the various "info overlays", one of which will overlay the file-type on each thumbnail.

Better still, in the grid view of the mobile app, a two-finger tap cycles through the various "info overlays", one of which will overlay the file-type on each thumbnail.

Didn't know that one. Bit fiddly if have fat fingers but yes much better.

Perfect, thank you both. My version on the ipad doesn't have a drop down, but on the top right triple dot ... area, there is View Options which has the show info option. The two finger tap is pure gold. Thank you Mark and Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back