Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hello everybody
I would like to load my back-up drive into Lightroom. The drive has a 1 year old backup on. Many of the pics there I did delete off the working drive. Obviously quite a number of pics where added that are not backed up yet.
How can I best add this volume to Lightroom without sitting afterwards with the double amount of pictures?

How can I best add this volume to Lightroom without sitting afterwards with the double amount of pictures?
You can't. Do you want to re-add the photos you deleted? Do you want to add the LRC photos that aren't backed up yet to that volume? We need a little more information before we can advise you.

In general, it's not a good idea to use Lightroom to manage your backup images.

I’m not sure I understand a reason for adding the backup drive to a perfectly fine Lightroom Catalog. You probably do not want to do this. There are other ways to get to the point where you want to be but first we nee to understand what it is that you want to achieve not what you want to do.

I’m not sure I understand a reason for adding the backup drive to a perfectly fine Lightroom Catalog. You probably do not want to do this. There are other ways to get to the point where you want to be but first we nee to understand what it is that you want to achieve not what you want to do

What happened I deleted quite a few pictures on my main drive. However, those pics where not deleted on the back-up. I also realised that some of the pics I actually would like to keep.
What I would like to do is, to maybe load both drives and somehow merge them afterwards to see what pictures are on the back-up that are not on the main catalog. I hope that makes it a bit clearer and there is a possibility to archive this.

I am still sitting with the second hd problem.
I deleted quite a few pictures on my current HD. The second HD has a older back-up, and I realise that some of those pics I would like to have still, or at least be able to reconsider. However, 98% of the pics are the same, same location same everything.
Is there a possibility of adding the older HD as a second catalog, and then merging the two??? Or If I woulds shoose "Do not import suspected duplicates" would this help. I really would like to have all the pics available, but do not want to sit with a 200k pic count afterwards

I’m not sure I understand a reason for adding the backup drive to a perfectly fine Lightroom Catalog. You probably do not want to do this. There are other ways to get to the point where you want to be but first we nee to understand what it is that you want to achieve not what you want to do.
Thank clee I would like to see all the pictures I deleted, re-evaluate them and add them to the catalog, if that makes sense to you??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back