• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The December 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic is just bug fixes and new cameras in this release, but it fixes a whole load of macOS Catalina issues.
    Lightroom (cloud-based service) has export options and direct import on iOS and the ability to contribute photos to someone else's account from the desktop/mobile apps.
    The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV and Web? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Searching for real users - LR Mobile on Android Tablet

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hello

In the process of switching from Nikon pro DSLR + lenses (D4s) to Fujifilm X-T bodies and XF lenses.

The Fuji Camera remote app works wonderfully importing images from the camera to my Samsung Tab S via WiFi.

Hoping to gather some info on LR mobile, and users perspectives. Fuji doesn't allow RAW import yet, so it will be JPegs for now, with the primary purpose at this stage to manage the catalog. Links to any resources would be appreciated.

The biggest issue will be syncing catalogs, retaining my laptop Win 10 as hosting the main catalog. Is this possible?

Apologies for asking, I see 1,000 of posts in here which may well answer my questions, if I can only find those posts. :sneaky:

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Hi flashpixx.

LR mobile works great if you're uploading raw photos on the desktop, or JPEGs on the mobile device. I would assume raw import will come to the mobile devices in the future, since DNG import was recently added to the Android version, but it's not quite there yet.

As far as syncing catalogs goes, do you mean between multiple computers? Or just from your laptop to mobile devices?

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Thanks Victoria, trying to sync between laptop and tablet. Have been in touch with Adobe via Chat. They tried to get it to work driving my laptop remotely without success.

Photos sync from tablet to the LR mobile website, but cannot be seen in the Laptop LR Collection - In the Catalog there are "All synced photographs" which has the synced images in it, however there is no Mobile Sync collection in the Collections area.

They have run a diag and have asked their engineers to look at it. TBC...