• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Searching for entry in history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
Is there a way to search the history section of all my images for a particular entry? I'm thinking of looking for all the images that I've printed at one time or another.

No, that is not possible. Maybe there exists a plugin that can do this, but I would not know one.

Sadly no, and plugins can't access the history. Your example of finding printed photos is exactly the reason I'd like this to be searchable, but sadly Adobe have put more effort into allowing users to clear history data than allow us to use it.

Apparently the AnyFilter Plugin by John Ellis has a Printed Date/Time Search or Filter that searches History as of Version 1.54 released 12/27/2022. I haven't tried it as I have no need for this.

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 2.40.32 PM.jpg

As Bob mentioned, the Any FIlter plugin has a number of criteria for searching the history, e.g.

1674515049532.png

Technical details: For years, Lightroom needlessly placed an operating-system lock on the catalog’s .lrcat file while it was running, preventing plugins from accessing the catalog database. At some point prior to Lightroom 8.4.1, Adobe silently stopped doing that. But I just found out recently! Any Filter uses a safe method for accessing the catalog read-only, not interfering with LR's access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back