• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Search,Replace, Transfer & ListView plug-ins

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic
Operating System
Windows 10
I am sure the answer to this must be Yes, but I just want to be 100% sure, before I buy these 2 plug-ins as they look to be exactly what I need. I have been using the Beardy Big Note for storing reference numbers, but I realise that the extra custom fields available in the SRT plugin will suit my workflow much better.
Will I be able to choose the “Big Note“ field (which is a field that wasn’t originally in LR) and transfer to the custom fields using the SRT ?

Thanks very much.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
That's in the next version which will be on my site this week as a sort of beta. But it is a one way street because a plugin can read but can't change another's metadata, so S&R can copy from Big Note to S&R's custom fields but can't do the reverse.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Thank you very much for your reply John... I thought you would probably answer (but did not want to presume)

Can I just say how attentive and helpful you always are, to questions on the forum.

I am going to buy the plug-ins and enjoy experimenting !

Regards

Lightroom Experience
Power User
We all try!

I'd always recommend testing the plugin before buying. In trial mode it works fully, but is just limited to the number of pictures that is processes.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
We all try!

I'd always recommend testing the plugin before buying. In trial mode it works fully, but is just limited to the number of pictures that is processes.
Hello John - I bought the Search Replace plug-in a couple of weeks ago and, as you said you would, you have now released a new version on your website. Can you kindly tell me the process for replacing the version I have with the new version ? Thank you very much.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hello John - I bought the Search Replace plug-in a couple of weeks ago and, as you said you would, you have now released a new version on your website. Can you kindly tell me the process for replacing the version I have with the new version ? Thank you very much.
Don't worry John - I figured it out...... the new version is looking good..... I will be trying it out tomorrow !

Regards

Lightroom Experience
Power User
It's currently a beta update, Kelvin, so you had to update it manually. Before too long I will release it properly via Photographers Toolbox and you would see a notification in LR and be able to let it automatically install.

John

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
It's currently a beta update, Kelvin, so you had to update it manually. Before too long I will release it properly via Photographers Toolbox and you would see a notification in LR and be able to let it automatically install.

John
Thanks very much John.