• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • 18 October 2022 It's Lightroom update time again and there's a new AI-based Masking tools and a new Content-Aware Remove Healing tool, as well as smaller features, new cameras, lenses and bug fixes! See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Screen display errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColMac9090

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
I do a lot of digitising by scanning of old photos, and for very real reasons, I choose to crop/rotate etc in Photoshop, often working on hundreds in a day.

I tend to select somewhere between 6 & 8 photos at a time in LR Classic, then edit Originals, returning to LR Classic to select another batch. When I do so I sometimes get an image which in grid view does not show the correct rotation (after its edit in PS). The edit has been saved as can be clearly seen if I switch to the develop module, but the Library module refuses to refresh the view.

If I exit the prog and restart, the image will show in its edited rotation, but I haven't found another way to force rthat refresh. Changing folders does not work, nor does changing modules.

As far as I can see there is not a refresh option anywhere in the menus, but I may have missed it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to force that refresh.

Thanks
Colin

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
I'm not sure what the PS version of Crop/Rotate offers for you purposes that LrC doesn't, but that's not your question.

Usually if you either go to the Develop Module or to Loupe view at 100% it will refresh the preview. if that doesn't work, do a minor edit in the Develop module to see if that forces a refresh.

ColMac9090

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I'm not sure what the PS version of Crop/Rotate offers for you purposes that LrC doesn't, but that's not your question.
It's nothing to do with what PS offers, I need the edit to be destructive!

I'll give those a try when the problem occurs next.

Thanks

Lightroom Experience
Power User
There is an option in the Ps Crop tool to make the crop destructive.
There is indeed. Select the option to delete the cropped pixels in the toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.