• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topgardenboy

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I have been scanning slides and negatives both colour and Black and White importing them into Lightroom through documents never had any problems but now I get a message box saying all the files you have selected are missing and can't be moved. All the slides and negs that are in Lightroom which I can view, the actual folders they in the left hand pane of Library view are greyed out. I never had this happen scanning before

Johan thank you will have a go tomorrow and let you know if I have had any success

Well I followed your how do I fix it clicked on find parent folder, now I have all the photos in a folder called documents and all the other folders are still grayed out with a question mark I can see all my scanned photos in Lightroom but cannot edit them or move them to another folder. Has something changed in LR because I definitely never had any problems before scanning with my old Epson

This link just came up do I upgrade?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 149
This link just came up do I upgrade?

When you get this message. It is AFTER you updated to LR Classic v9. This updated version of Lightroom Classic can not us your old catalog file unless they have been converted to a new file using the new database structure. This has nothing to do with your issue but you will need to update toy catalog file to the new structure to continue with LR9.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have down the upgrade but am still unable to edit the scanned images here are the screenshots
AEF245AB-A685-4839-AEEB-57E7DE46B6C9.jpeg
7F261EE7-6FF2-42CC-AEC5-CE580553402B.jpeg
4AA9346D-C028-4803-B210-79447C503885.jpeg

Have now down the three screenshots the last one shows the eight folders in the 2019 folder with 189 photos the first six are frayed out are 35 mm scanned slides the bottom two which are not greyed out and can be edited are 35mm negatives this is what I cannot understand. I have not changed to Catalina yet because of the problems other people seem to get.
Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 18.42.03.jpg
Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 18.42.35.jpg
Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 18.44.15.jpg
Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 18.44.15.jpg

Look in Finder in the Documents folder and see if those folders are still there. Lightroom thinks they're missing, but it's possible that macOS has moved them to iCloud to free up hard drive space.

How did you name your scans? Sometimes people use a file name like ‘24-09-2019/IMG-1234.tif’. On a Macintosh, that is a perfectly legal file name. But Lightroom uses the slash as folder separator, so Lightroom will read this as a file called ‘IMG-1234.tif’ that is located inside a folder called ‘24-09-2019’. Obviously it won’t find the image in that situation.

In Finder are the last 10 images that were scanned, all the rest were deleted in the trash. Is there someway to rename the files that can't be found or do I have to rescan everything again? also do I need to do something differently when scanning more slides and negatives?

In Finder are the last 10 images that were scanned, all the rest were deleted in the trash. Is there someway to rename the files that can't be found or do I have to rescan everything again? also do I need to do something differently when scanning more slides and negatives?
If they are in the trash, you can simply drag it to your desktop from the trash. That "_filename" will get renamed back to the original "filename". If a file has been deleted from trash it is gone for good which is why we make regular system backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back