• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

saving text color swatches in book module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom75

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version Number
CC Classic
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi all,

I have made quite many books in Classic over the years but so far never with much text. When adding text cells to book pages I cant find a way to save or make a favourite of a text color so I need to type into color code all the time.

Is there a way to put a selected text color into the quick select swatches on the top of the text color panel?

Thanks and Regards,
Tom

If I understand you correctly, you want the image to have a text overlay (automatically). The only way that I can see this happening is to create an image file that has text on it. It is a manual process to add text to an image that does not have text.

You can in Lightroom Print to JPG and add a watermark. This will create a derivative JPEG file that can be imported into Lightroom.
You can also "Edit in Photoshop" and that derivative can have the text added in Photoshop.

If you right-click on the favorite swatch, you can "set this swatch to current color". I'm assuming that's what you mean?

If you right-click on the favorite swatch, you can "set this swatch to current color". I'm assuming that's what you mean?

Yes, thanks, thats what I meant and wanted, perfect.

Sorry clee for being unclear, I was talking about text cells in the book module

Regards,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back