• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Saving Photos from iCloud to a folder on MAC to use in Lightroom

grdnangl313

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I recently started using the iCloud feature for my photos since I'm not always using by DSLR camera on my vacations but using my iPhone now. I am trying to download them off of iCloud to a folder on my computer so I can upload them into Lightroom and its taking forever to download about 750 pics from my trip..

Am I going about this the wrong way? Should I be doing something else to import them into Lightroom directly from iCloud? Or is there a better way to do this now?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Your problem is that you use the ancient version 6 and Apple iCloud. They do not cooperate in any way. If you would take a Lightroom subscription, life would be much easier. Lightroom desktop is fully integrated with the Adobe Creative Cloud. If you shoot with the built-in camera app of Lightroom Mobile, there is nothing you need to do. Your images will automatically appear in Lightroom desktop for the Mac, or in Lightroom Classic (if you synced the LrC catalog).

grdnangl313

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Thanks but I'm not able to upgrade just yet, so I'm stuck with this for awhile longer. I just uploaded my photos from my iphone and air dropped them to my mac (which I have done before) and the RAW files from my new iPhone are not showing up as readable - can't see the photo. This is the first time I have uploaded with my new iPhone images and I'm not sure how to do it I guess. They show up as DNG files.

When I import them into Lightroom will I have to open each one and then save each of them so I can read the RAW files?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Thanks but I'm not able to upgrade just yet, so I'm stuck with this for awhile longer. I just uploaded my photos from my iphone and air dropped them to my mac (which I have done before) and the RAW files from my new iPhone are not showing up as readable - can't see the photo. This is the first time I have uploaded with my new iPhone images and I'm not sure how to do it I guess. They show up as DNG files.

When I import them into Lightroom will I have to open each one and then save each of them so I can read the RAW files?
There is nothing to “open and save” in Lightroom. That is not how Lightroom works. Are these DNG or ProRaw or HEIC files? Lightroom should import DNG just fine, but your version definitely does not support ProRaw or HEIC.