• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

saving many stacked photos to local folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Hundt

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
LR CC 2.2, LR CC Classic 8.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I thought I'd give LR mobile and LR CC Cloud a try now that it's possible to stitch panoramas as in LR Classic. Imported all photos from my Android phone into LR Mobile, synced them over to my windows laptop, stitched some panos. This works as well as in LR Classic, creating dng's rather than tifs, nice! Then I selected all my photos in LR Cloud and "sent to" the default "Lightroom CC saved Photos" folder, then imported those into my LR Classic catalog.

Unfortunately the "source" photos within the stacks of the pano's I had stitched within LR CC Cloud were missing.

Back in LR Cloud I find I can unstack (permanently, not just "expand" as in LR Classic,) the photos within a stack, ONE BY ONE. I couldn't find a way to select and unstack multiple stacks.

Is there an alternative efficient way to "save to" local disk all the stacked photos, or some other way to create a complete local archive of all the photos? Thought they might be bundled inside the stitched dng, but seems not.

Hi Gary, sorry for the delay replying. That's a very good point, and would be worth putting in as a feature request at the Official Feature Request/Bug Report Forum at Photoshop Family Customer Community

A local archive of all photos we can manage though. Go to Preferences > Local Storage and check Store a Copy of All Originals Locally and you can even set a custom location there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back