• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Library module Sample Pictures Keywords: You may not want them

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwwinaz

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 9.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'm still new at Lightroom Classic so I've only entered a few keywords and assigned them to a few hundred images. No hierarchy. I wanted to unstack all of my images and to be sure I then did a Select All. The Keywords Tags list on the right has hundreds of keywords I didn't enter and many I doubt I would consider using.

Examples are: Baseball caps, Baseball cards, Baseball equipment, Baseball gloves, Baseball players

I then did a filter on "Baseball" and five pictures were selected. One of which has at least 50 keywords. The pictures are in my Sample Pictures folder. I'm not sure if these were from my Photoshop class or other software over the years. I didn't even remember the folder existed.

I then selected all of the sample pictures and deleted all of their keywords but added the keyword "Sample". Maybe hundreds of extra keywords is not a problem but I would rather just see my own keywords. I'm posting just in case you also have sample pictures with their own keywords that have no value for you.

Lightroom does not come with sample pictures, so these must be from something else. Use the 'Purge Unused Keywords' menu to delete the unwanted keywords from the keywords list (after you have removed them from all photos).

Thanks! So much to learn. I had only removed the keywords from the sample pictures. Now they are purged!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back