Running 5.7 -- Help, update says my software is up to date, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob_B

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I'm currently running LR 5.7. When I go to Help, Check for updates, I get a reply saying I am up to date. I guess this isn't a big issue, but it bugs me. Also, despite having bought my version 5 update directly from Adobe and having registered with Adobe (where my purchase is confirmed), my version of LR is not listed on Adobe Creative Cloud. (All my CS6 programs are.) Anyone know why and if there is a way to fix it so that ACC lists LR 5 as one of my installed versions? Again, I consider this more nuisance than problem, that is, unless it could interfere with my inevitable upgrade to LR 6.1.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

If I understand the whole update process correctly, LR5.7 is up to date as it is the final 5.x release.
LR6 is a "NEW Program", by that I mean it needs to be purchased again if one wants to use it.

If you are running Creative Cloud, make sure the desktop is up to date (if you are "perpetual" then obviously ignore this).

Then you will be offered the upgrade to CC 2015. Once you've gone through the upgrade "About Lightroom" will show you are on 6.1, but you area not done yet. After a while (About 30 minutes in my case), the desktop will offer you another upgrade, and this is what delivers the dehaze filter.

Dave

Also make sure after installing LR6 that you run the correct application, both 5 & 6 will be installed.

Tim

If I understand the whole update process correctly, LR5.7 is up to date as it is the final 5.x release.
LR6 is a "NEW Program", by that I mean it needs to be purchased again if one wants to use it.

Makes sense, although I guess my definition of update refers to the program, not the version. Oh well. lol. I'm cool with it, either way.

Makes sense, although I guess my definition of update refers to the program, not the version. Oh well. lol. I'm cool with it, either way.
I think the key distinction here is whether you update or upgrade. You update LR 5.0 all the way up to LR5.7.1. You upgrade LR5.x to LR6.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back