reworking raw files after already exporting ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

justrollin

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Hi everyone I stuffed up today
blush.png

I went through some photos and touched them up from there raw format and then exported them but after doing that I realized I made the pixel count to small now when i got back to the original raw files lightroom no longer lets me import them (so I can redo them and save at the larger pixel count) can anyone please tell me what im missing and why after exporting you can no longer work on the original raw file
thanks in advance Robbie

Hi justrollin, welcome to the forum.

Unless you removed the raw files from the catalog, there are still there. So no you don't re-import them, you simply go back to the catalog and find the files and re-export (when you export you are creating a derivative of the original, the original raw is unaffected by this and you can repeat the export as often as you need, with as many different settings as you want).

But if you removed the raws from the catalog, that's a different problem. Get back to us if that's the case.

Hi justrollin, welcome to the forum.

Unless you removed the raw files from the catalog, there are still there. So no you don't re-import them, you simply go back to the catalog and find the files and re-export (when you export you are creating a derivative of the original, the original raw is unaffected by this and you can repeat the export as often as you need, with as many different settings as you want).

But if you removed the raws from the catalog, that's a different problem. Get back to us if that's the case.

thanks for the reply Jim
it was driving me crazy for hours

cheers Robbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back