• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Develop module retrieving Develop settings from photograph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarwarrior

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 6 (1014445)
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi there, I have LR (1014445). Recently I did a set of edits on some photos which looked great. I exported them to an external HD without saving as preset. Finding out I needed a different crop I did this to original but cannot get the same effect as the 1st Develop. Is it possible to retrieve the settings used from the altered pictures? When I import the altered 1st copy back into the Develop module all the values show as neutral. Tinkering with settings on fresh photo gets me closer to what I want but not quite. It may not be possible but was just wondering. Any constructive comments welcomed. Thanks.
The first pic is original develop, the second is original. (I am not asking anybody to do the work for me but trying to find out what I did.)

Attachments

• impression-2.jpg
    impression-2.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCF6167.jpg
    DSCF6167.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 236
Any Development you apply to a photo in Lightroom is stored in the photo's history panel.
You should be able to simply open the History panel and click on the step that gave you the 'exported' version.

Then it may be possible to Copy the editing to another photo.

Any Development you apply to a photo in Lightroom is stored in the photo's history panel.
You should be able to simply open the History panel and click on the step that gave you the 'exported' version.

Yes it worked thanks, colours were slightly different when I exported but nothing I could not fix. Now saved as a new preset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back