• Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • You may have noticed this website was offline on Saturday 22nd September. Our web host suffered what is known as "a perfect storm". Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. As a result of restoring backups, we appear to have lost about 18 hours of posts, but hopefully nothing more. If your post seems to have been affected, please do repost, and we look forward to helping. If you have any questions, you're welcome to use the Contact Webmaster link on the page footer.
  • Lightroom Classic 7.5 and Lightroom CC 1.5 have just gone live, and there's some exciting mobile updates to follow. And the big news... my Lightroom CC - Edit Like a Pro book has just been released too!

Develop module retrieving Develop settings from photograph.

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Lightroom Version
Lightroom 6 (1014445)
Operating System
Windows 10
Hi there, I have LR (1014445). Recently I did a set of edits on some photos which looked great. I exported them to an external HD without saving as preset. Finding out I needed a different crop I did this to original but cannot get the same effect as the 1st Develop. Is it possible to retrieve the settings used from the altered pictures? When I import the altered 1st copy back into the Develop module all the values show as neutral. Tinkering with settings on fresh photo gets me closer to what I want but not quite. It may not be possible but was just wondering. Any constructive comments welcomed. Thanks.
The first pic is original develop, the second is original. (I am not asking anybody to do the work for me but trying to find out what I did.)

Attachments

I-See-Light

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Any Development you apply to a photo in Lightroom is stored in the photo's history panel.
You should be able to simply open the History panel and click on the step that gave you the 'exported' version.

Then it may be possible to Copy the editing to another photo.

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Any Development you apply to a photo in Lightroom is stored in the photo's history panel.
You should be able to simply open the History panel and click on the step that gave you the 'exported' version.

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Yes it worked thanks, colours were slightly different when I exported but nothing I could not fix. Now saved as a new preset.