• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Retrieve print settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmargolis

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 9.1 [ 201911291132-64cf80b4 ]
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hello:

Is it possible to go back to see the Print settings such as Sharpening setting or paper profile selected? Are they available somewhere if I have saved the print? Or do I have to keep them in a notebook or on the back of the work print?

Thanks, Roberta Margolis

1) If you set up your Print with all your options, you can then save a "Template". Click on the [ + ]. Your template will appear under 'User Templates'. Select your images, then your User Template.
ScreenShot018.jpg

2) If you click on the Tab [Create a Saved Print], You save both the Template or Custom settings and the Selected Image/s as a "Print Collection" in the Collection Panel. You can double-click this Collection to re-print the images in this Collection exactly as before.
ScreenShot019.jpg

Keep your saved Print Collections in a [Prints] Collection SET if your a bit OCD. (Note the 'Printer' icon in Collections)
ScreenShot020.jpg

Thanks for that information. I didn't think about the Print Template having all the details of the print. So I must know the Print Template used for each print. I don't see a place for Notes in the Library detail for each print. Do I have to use Keyword? If I do, my Keyword list may become quite long. There doesn't seem to be a place for notes where I could store the Print Template. What do you suggest?

Use a field like Instructions, or you can adapt this free plugin Big Note

Thanks for the suggestion about Big Note. Since it is unsupported I won't open that can of worms. Where is the Instructions field?

There is a Comments field in the Library but it says "Comments not supported here." Is it supported somewhere useful to me for this issue?

Thanks.

Instructions are a standard IPTC field in the Metadata panel, but Comments are only available to plugins, mainly published services.
Don't worry about BigNote being "unsupported". I'll change that wording, but it only means that it's offered for free and I generally won't help people if they can't figure out how to use it themselves. Plenty of people seem to find it handy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion about Big Note. Since it is unsupported I won't open that can of worms.
FWIW, there's a few plug-in developers for Lightroom that you're quite safe with. Jeffrey Friedl, John Beardsworth and John Ellis top my list of ones I'd feel quite safe using, even if they weren't offering support.

Victoria:
Thank you for the response about plug-in developers. I will install Big Note. It will be helpful.

"Instructions are a standard IPTC field in the Metadata panel,...
I don't know how to install the Big Note plug-in. I've researched but haven't found the answer. Can you please instruct me? Thank you.

Have a look at page 344 in your Classic book, that'll walk you through installing any plug-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back