Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LrC (Current)
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
To be clear, this is for a female family member who is in a lot of my pictures.
Due to mild alopecia, she has noticeably thinning hair where her scalp shows through.
(Brown hair, pale scalp, so it is definitely noticed, at least by her)
Imagine the very first stages of adopting a comb-over.

Can anyone recommend specific techniques I can look into to make this less noticeable?
Basic searching keeps leading me to "dealing with flyaways" and "retouching roots" and "adding hair to a bald head"
I'm willing to go through as many youtube training videos, etc, if I could just get to the right ones.

[Nothing against those who have learned other ways of accepting their condition. I've been as bald as an egg across the top for over 20 years, but I compensated by growing a long thick beard.)

[Nothing against those who have learned other ways of accepting their condition. I've been as bald as an egg across the top for over 20 years, but I compensated by growing a long thick beard.)
I too learned a long time ago. If hair was going to grow on my head, it was going to grow where IT wanted to and not where I wanted it to.

I don't have an answer to your issue but I have explored masking and color mixing. Create a mask where the bald shows through. If the person has dark hair reduce the exposure inside the mask. Also, ( Have not tried this because the Color Mixer is newer than the LrC version when I attempted to correct the problem) Pick a pixel the is "bald", shift that color toward the hair color so that the baldness is not as noticeable.

Another option, use the Generative Fill process in Photoshop to generate hair. Here's a "Selphie" before and After
IMG_3459_jpg.jpg
IMG_3459_jpg-Edit.jpg

Another option, use the Generative Fill process in Photoshop to generate hair. Here's a "Selphie" before and AfterView attachment 22680View attachment 22679

Thanks for this tip Cletus.

Did you select the top of your head before entering the prompt? What prompt did you use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for this tip Cletus.

Did you select the top of your head before entering the prompt? What prompt did you use?
I used the Photoshop {Edit}{Generative Fill} tool after selecting an area using the "Lasso" tool to roughly select an area. When asked what I wanted to generate, I said "gray hair". PS give your three renditions and I chose the one that gave me the most hair.

I used the Photoshop {Edit}{Generative Fill} tool after selecting an area using the "Lasso" tool to roughly select an area. When asked what I wanted to generate, I said "gray hair". PS give your three renditions and I chose the one that gave me the most hair.
Pity that you can’t do this in real life! :)

Back