• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Just the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes. If you use a custom monitor profile on macOS, note that the Classic performance bug is not yet fixed.

Restore image to SOOC state

Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic 2021
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have an image that I cropped. I want to restore it to its original, uncropped, SOOC state. When I click on the first listing in the History panel, which is labeled "Import," it shows the cropped version. When I click on Reset (on the right hand side of the screen), the image reverts to its uncropped, unedited version. But the Import listing in History still shows the cropped version. I've verified through other software that the source file is indeed uncropped.

What I want to achieve is to have the first listing in the History panel show the original uncropped version. How do I do that? What did I do to get to where I am (but don't want to be)? (I don't need life advice.)

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Do you use a Camera default that includes lens corrections? When Lightroom applies lens corrections it will slightly crop the image if necessary ('constrain crop').

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
If you had the crop (Aspect ratio set in the camera) and you shot RAW, then in the crop tool there are two settings listed at the top of the list: Original and AsShot. Choosing Original will give you the uncrossed version (but only if you imported the RAW image.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
How about this idea? If you cropped the original image and saved the metadata to the image file ("Save Metadata to disk"). Then subsequently imported that image into LR (perhaps a different catalog), The history panel will be empty except for the the imported marker. However the image will show with the adjustments which had been saved in the XMP data (either inside the image or in an XMP side-car file). However, hitting the reset button will revert to the original unedited version. That sounds to me like what you're describing.

Could that be what happened?