• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Resizing photo for printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmargolis

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
In the Crop tool I have designated my photo to be 16x9 and hit Close to save that setting. When I go into the Print module under Layout the measurement indicated on the photo is 6.047 x 10.75. When I try to type in 16x9 into the Layout under Cell Size, I get a dialogue box that says A number between 0.25 and 8.03 is required. Closest value inserted." Why am I getting this message? If I drag the guides on the photo I never reach 16x9. I'm maxed out at a smaller size. At the same time, the Cell Size in the Layout in the right hand panel is 10.75 Height and 8.03 Width. Why aren't the two measurements the same? I clearly don't understand.

How do I prepare a 16x9 photo for printing?

Thanks for your help. I'm using LR 5.7. :rolleyes:

A number between 0.25 and 8.03 is required. Why am I getting this message?
Your print paper is probably not big enough. Have you selected a paper in "Page Setup" that is larger than 16x9 inch?
I have no trouble designing for printing 16x9 on A3+ paper (329x483mm)

attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenShot031.jpg
    ScreenShot031.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 461
Last edited by a moderator:
What print template was used in the above example? I tried "maximum size" and that did not print a 16x9! :) Thank you.

Hi Jon,
If you use "Maximum size" from the Lightroom templates- they are all designed for 'Letter 8.5x11inch' paper.
To print 16x9inch you need A3 paper (297x420mm)
So IGNORE the Lightroom templates (I NEVER use them!).
Select your paper size from the [Page Setup] printer dialog and choose A3 or any paper larger than 16x9in.
Then set your layout, margins, cell size, etc, in the Lt panels.

Then always save your own 'User Templates' that suit your printing system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back