• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you ever disappointed with your photos? Do you get frustrated when you’re editing because you’ve been told to move certain sliders, but never been told WHY? Do you wish you could transform your photos without having to spend hours in front of the computer? In our books, Adobe Lightroom - The Missing FAQ and Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro you’ll learn:
    • how to to analyze a photo like a pro, saving you hours of frustration.
    • WHY you might want to move specific sliders, instead of just following recipes.
    • what the sliders are doing behind the scenes.
    • how to use sliders together, instead of in isolation, so you can get the optimal result
    Lightroom Classic us based on the folder-based version of Lightroom and Edit Like a Pro is based on the cloud-native Lightroom desktop and mobile apps, but the principles also apply to Lightroom 6. The sliders are arranged into slightly different panels, but there's an included PDF that shows you where to find them in 6.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Color Grading and improved zoom across the whole Lightroom family, plus graphical watermarks for the cloud-based Lightroom apps, as well as the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Resetting rotation info to default

Hoggy

Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Is there [still] no way to reset rotation info on, at least, raw DNG's - to the default as recorded by the camera? I'd assume it'd be the same with jpg and tiff, too..

As we know, rotation or flip info is not recorded in history. And it seems the only way to truly reset it is to remove and re-import the image. I'm talking about for images where it's not obvious due to content. I know it may not be as important for such images, but it'd still be nice. It makes me hesitate doing such operations to test what it might look like, without having a clear undo order/path (such as when restarting LR or even switching to another image to do something and then back again) or simply not remembering the original orientation/flip. ... Or having to create a virtual copy just to test those transforms.

Thanks.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Put in a request at Official Feature Request/Bug Report Forum Hoggy, but you'll need to include a good reason why you need that to know which way round it was originally (astronomy photos are the best reason I've heard).

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
It is not unusual in my workflow to rotate and/or flip individual Photos in a set and later want to do some batch processing that is orientation-dependent, such as spot-removal. So that's _my_ best reason. But the simple reason is that the Photos are my data, and the work I do to them is mine, and I should be given access to all of it at any time.

I will add my request. Thank you for the suggestion and the link.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
orientation-dependent, such as spot-removal
As in, dust spots, you mean? LR's smart enough to rotate the dust spots for you for different orientations.