• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Reseting preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikegml

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version Number
LR6 classic
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I've tried many different ways to reset LR6 preferences to solve a bunch of weird keyboard behaviour even swapping over my three keyboards to my pc's, but none of them work. I use mac keyboards on a my pc's (three of them). I've used them for years without any problems so it's not some weird pc/mac thing.

I've tried the alt/shift, cmd/shift, ctrl/shift upon start up and various other similar combo's. Most of them do nothing at all or bring up some other option nothing to do with resetting LR6 prefs.

The main problem by the way was LR6 no longer exporting an image with the ctrl/shift/E combo or exporting the image, but without the export dialogue box popping up. Sometimes the 'exporting bar' at top left would show the export progress and then it wouldn't. Sometimes it all worked as normal then and then not, hence my swapping over keyboards to eliminate a keyboard problem. Plus, clicking on an image in the film strip row at bottom would select that and any other image without holding down 'shift' and I had to resort to weird keyboard inputs to deselect them.

Last edited:
Thanks. Tried that and LR did generate a new preferences folder so I altered my preferences again but the same problem exists. Very puzzling. cmd+shift+e will export an edited image then it won't. Then alt+shift+e will do the same then it won't. But most often alt +shift+e exports an image on the 2nd attempt. On the first attempt a dialogue box pops up top left asking if I want to undo the last action, I click in an empty area to remove the box, try alt+shift+e again and it exports as normal. Also the 'export dialogue box' always used to pop up (which I want) allowing me to make any changes, if not I just hit 'enter', but now it pops up randomly whenever it's in the mood? The 'export progress bar' sometimes doesn't show even when it does export an edited image, I only know an image has been exported because of a windows notification sound indicating so.

Well thanks for the help anyway, I'll stick with it and hope it sorts itself out or I work out how to get around it.

Last edited:
Are you updating to 6.14 Mike? That undo issue sounds like a bug that was fixed.

You can double check under Help menu > System Info

You've definitely got something weird going on. I would take the keyboard out of the equation and check it works reliably with the menu commands. If it does, I'd try a standard basic Windows keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back