Library module Reset target of set of smart collections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
4.x
Lightroom Version Number
6.14 [Perpetual]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi outthere,

In the library module I have a set of smart collections, based on ISO values. During the construction of the set I had selected 'All photographs' as a target folder. The filtering worked fine.

But now I want to make another folder as a 'target' of the set. I can not do that. Does anyone know a way to solve this?

With kind regards, Martin

No, there's no way to do it automatically.

I do have an unreleased plugin which includes a feature to do it, but that part of the plugin is a long way from being usable.

John

Hi outthere,

In the library module I have a set of smart collections, based on ISO values. During the construction of the set I had selected 'All photographs' as a target folder. The filtering worked fine.

But now I want to make another folder as a 'target' of the set. I can not do that. Does anyone know a way to solve this?

With kind regards, Martin
Martin,

What if you created another smart collection, same criteria, but a different target folder? Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Phil Burton

No, there's no way to do it automatically.

I do have an unreleased plugin which includes a feature to do it, but that part of the plugin is a long way from being usable.

John
I may be a simple soul, but they are called 'smart collections'. That means, in my humble opinion, it should be possible to manually designate another folder as a 'target' .
The 500 € question is: "How?".

Regards, Martin

Martin,

What if you created another smart collection, same criteria, but a different target folder? Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Phil Burton
I thought the power of 'Smart Collections' was that they filled themselves, with the files from the "Target Folder", on the basis of the formulated criteria.

with regards, Martin

I thought the power of 'Smart Collections' was that they filled themselves, with the files from the "Target Folder", on the basis of the formulated criteria.

with regards, Martin
They do fill themselves on the basis of the specified criteria, and you can limit the source (which is what I assume you mean when you use the term "target") of the search to a specific folder, or collection, or publish collection. Is that not what you want?

They do fill themselves on the basis of the specified criteria, and you can limit the source (which is what I assume you mean when you use the term "target") of the search to a specific folder, or collection, or publish collection. Is that not what you want?
Yes Jim, that's what I like to do.... Can you tell me how to 'limit' the source? For sake of simplicity, just now, a specific folder. Mouse-context clicks, I cann't find an option. Neighter do I know a 'menu-option'.

With regards, Martin

It's part of the actual Smart Collection criteria:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-10_12_28_33_png.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-10_12_28_33_png.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 353
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back