• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! New cameras (including the Canon R5/R6), lens profiles and bug fixes, and the ability to disable built-in lens corrections for specific new cameras. Here's the usual list

Repair of corrupted catalogs

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
That one trips lots of people up. It might help to have a read of the Quick Start eBook, which you'll find under the Downloads tab on the menu, as that'll pad out your understanding a bit.

I have a catalog that I sent via your earlier instructions. Repaired, sqlite3 with stat4 line errors and a ZERO byte .lrcat output from the process. I sent it to you hopeful you can recover the catalog for me. I haven't backed up since LR asked me to upgrade the catalog where it creates a copy, probably a couple months or more. :(

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Got it. I've forwarded it on to my contact at Adobe, but it doesn't look promising I'm afraid.

Thank you so much, it is what it is. I've realized that I'll probably have to live with the loss. Attention now on preparedness, starting a New Catalog based on recently acquired knowledge, more frequent backups. Can't let this happen again. :D

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
That wasn't recoverable, sorry smcbsme

bverdoorn7

Hello,
New member here. Having a similar problem to what others have mentioned in this thread. Trying to open my catalog and getting a "The Lightroom catalog named...can not be opened because it is not valid." error message. When I look in backups folder there are several backup folders with date/time but no actual .lrcat files in the backup folders, so I am not able to open one of those. Can anyone help me recover my catalog?
Thank you in advance!
Best,
Brandon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hello,
New member here. Having a similar problem to what others have mentioned in this thread. Trying to open my catalog and getting a "The Lightroom catalog named...can not be opened because it is not valid." error message. When I look in backups folder there are several backup folders with date/time but no actual .lrcat files in the backup folders, so I am not able to open one of those. Can anyone help me recover my catalog?
Thank you in advance!
Best,
Brandon
What version of Lightroom are you using? Later versions of Lightroom automatically compresses the catalog backup, so in those time-stamped backup folders should be a ".zip" file. Unzip that file to access the ".lrcat" catalog backup.

bverdoorn7

Thank you Jim - was able to get a fairly recent backup that way so have pretty minimal lost work. Much appreciated!
Brandon

jwrjrobertson05

We had a power outage over the weekend while my wife was editing photos, and that corrupted the database. I started the sqlite recovery thing and am getting a bunch of the references I have seen in this thread to the sqlite_stat4. So I sent the catalog to you via the wetransfer. Hopefully you can send it to your contact and they can save her edits.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Got it. I've forwarded it on, and I'll let you know when I hear back.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
It's on it's way back and looks good. :thumbsup:

PhilBurton

Lightroom enthusiast (but still learning)
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
We had a power outage over the weekend while my wife was editing photos, and that corrupted the database. I started the sqlite recovery thing and am getting a bunch of the references I have seen in this thread to the sqlite_stat4. So I sent the catalog to you via the wetransfer. Hopefully you can send it to your contact and they can save her edits.
Backups?

jwrjrobertson05

Awesome that it's coming back.

As for the backups, yes, but this was for edits that were literally in progress. I was hoping to save the last chunk of edits. My backups are ... Thorough. However, I do want to learn more on the Lightroom schema and if it's possible to have it versioned out to the network drive for every commit.

jwrjrobertson05

Yeah, I'm using this as an reason to push her over to using the new laptop and dock. :cool: Change is always hard, but it's easier when you know there is some silver lining.

odysseusnoman

Hi Victoria, I also have a corrupted cataloge. I started the sqlite recovery and am getting a bunch of the references I have seen in this thread to the sqlite_stat4. So I sent the catalog to you via the wetransfer. Hopefully you can send it to your contact and they can recover it.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Hi Victoria, I also have a corrupted cataloge. I started the sqlite recovery and am getting a bunch of the references I have seen in this thread to the sqlite_stat4. So I sent the catalog to you via the wetransfer. Hopefully you can send it to your contact and they can recover it.
Got it. There will be a delay as Adobe Digital Imaging dept is currently on vacation.

jeremie.granat

Hi,

I've also got a corrupted catalogue I really hope you can help with. I made a backup but it shows exactly the same error :( I tried using the sqlite commands shown at the beginning of this thread but didn't get very far. I've send you the whole thing through wetransfer

Hope you can help...
Jeremie

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I've also got a corrupted catalogue I really hope you can help with. I made a backup but it shows exactly the same error :( I tried using the sqlite commands shown at the beginning of this thread but didn't get very far. I've send you the whole thing through wetransfer
Got it. Early signs don't look promising but I'll let you know when I hear back from Adobe.

zak.tozer.27

Hello, thanks for this amazing forum! I have, what seems like, a slightly more unique issue. I have restored the catalogue relatively ok by the looks of it but the Lightroom Classic startup window is getting completely stuck on 'Reading preferences...'. I have just emailed via WeTransfer to Victoria, really hope that you are able to help! Thank you again, I really appreciate it. Zak

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Got it and forwarding on to Adobe. I'll email when I hear back Zak. Welcome to the forum!

David Hird

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi Victoria,
I have a corrupted catalogue file which I will send you via we transfer. I have tried to repair it using sqlite but without success. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
David

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I have a corrupted catalogue file which I will send you via we transfer. I have tried to repair it using sqlite but without success.
Hi David. Sorry, that's dead as a dodo.