• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Rendering problems in Develop module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Cleworth

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic V8.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have started having rendering problems in the develop module. Here is a screen print of one example:
1568149392364.png

I am using the new GPU settings for display and image processing. My GPU is a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2GB. My system has 64 GB Intel i7-8700k @3.70 GHz RAM. I am also getting "Lightroom unresponsive" messages and light flashes. I didn't see my GPU listed as one that is not supported in the new release.

Is the GPU setting on "Auto, Custom or Off". I'm not sure what I am seeing but it looks like there is a rectangle that is over saturated and perhaps flipped R2L. Does this image always render this way? Does it look the same in full view Library mode? What is the size of your monitor in pixels? I'm thinking that Videos errors for lack of a better term is more likely a video problem or a video driver problem. And LR is sending the correct data to the screen and the video driver is failing to handle it.

GPU setting is on custom with both boxes checked. Yes, you are seeing a rectangle that is not correct. If I click on a different photo and click back on this one it will go away. When making develop adjustments, say with a slider, I am getting large boxes of color popping up and disappearing and also these boxes that don't go away unless I click off the photo and re render it. My monitor is 22" 1920x1080. I have not seen this problem in Library full screen mode or anywhere else.

If you set the "Use Graphics Processor" option to Auto, does the problem disappear?

Here is another example that just happened:
1568156701126.png

As you can see, a big black box. This was in crop mode. I am going to try switching the GPU setting back to auto. I have more work to do tomorrow.

I'm still leaning on an overloaded video card. You have 2 GB of VRAM This should be adequate. Do you have the latests video driver installed for your card? Is the VRAM failing? (I'm not sure how to run memtest on VRAM)

I'd try completely uninstalling all traces of the graphics card driver and then reinstalling.

Did as you suggested Victoria - Uninstalled the graphic driver, 3D vision driver and HD audio driver, then reinstalled. Spent several hours banging away in develop today with no major issues - just a little lag-y at times. Thanks for the help.

Great, thanks for the update Jim!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back