• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Develop module Rendering difference between Library and Develop module

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamin.magrath

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hey all,

I've noticed a significant difference in the the rendering of an LR-stitched panorama between the develop and library modules. I'm relatively new to LR, but this is the first time I've observed such a disparity.

As seen in the attached screenshots; the Library module rendering looks a lot smoother, with less harsh clarity especially in the outer portion of the image, than the same image in the develop module. The image has a local radial filter applied, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

It is difficult to determine if the differences are apparent in 100% view - they seem less but I can't say for sure given the small screen and lack of side-by-side comparison. I also tried creating the same image as a virtual copy and re-editing, differences between the modules are still apparent but less stark.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Develop module screenshot.jpg
    Develop module screenshot.jpg
    696.7 KB · Views: 334
  • Library module screenshot.jpg
    Library module screenshot.jpg
    707.5 KB · Views: 302
I can't really tell what you are talking about from the screenshots that you included. Perhaps make a cropped screen shot of the 1:1 views in an area where you can see the difference.

-louie

Thanks for replying Louie. Sorry, should have been more clear. Attached a side by side comparison of the two (not 100% though). The stars in the develop module seem brighter and more intrusive.

Having said that, a side by side comparison at 100% appears almost identical. Not sure why there would be a difference at smaller magnifications and not larger but oh well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 1.55.37 am.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 1.55.37 am.png
    484 KB · Views: 284
One of the main differences between what you see in the Loupe and in Develop is the source of the image. In the Loupe view ("E"). the source is a JPG preview in the Adobe RGB color space that is scaled and rendered with your monitor profile. In Develop it is the full resolution raw image processed with the current develop settings in Lightroom's native color space (basically ProPhoto RGB) that is scaled and then rendered through your monitors profile.

Since it looks identical at 1:1 you might take a look at your preview settings. In Catalog Settings, File handling tab take a look at the "Standard Preview Size" and "Preview Quality". I have them set to "2048 pixels" and "High". This is a little larger that my monitor resolution and I don't seem to notice any difference.

-louie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back