Renaming issue when import from cat and import raw files with cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrishowe

Premium Cloud Member
I have been using a file re-naming convention when importing files into my working catalogue (a Scott Kelby example eg “'9-11-Bryce-zion-'''2”). But when I import from this cat into my archive cat AND ask to import raw files at same time (rather than copying separately and relinking later – I am now trying this way due to other issues already mentioned) – after hitting “Import” I get a warning message “a naming template has been chosen which uses custom text, but the custom text field is blank – are you sure you want to continue” (see screenshot below or at http://chrishowe.zenfolio.com/p773837375/e5be1b8e
).

Sure, when I import files from camera card, I use that naming convention … but I did not ask to use it in this operation … and it gives me no choice about changing it back to a “keep file name same” option etc. So I either cant import this way or I have all my file names changed – because the window that allows you to enter the custom text is not there!

Any thoughts or solutions welcomed!

Congratulations, it sounds you have a bug. Are you still using 2.', as per your signature, or have you since updated to 2.5 or 2.6? If you haven't updated yet, that would be the first thing I'd try.

I have been on 2.6 for a couple of weeks at least

Hmmmm, and this is happening with 2.6 then I presume? You could just try going into the normal import dialog and changing it to another naming option. Obviously that's not the way it should work, but...?! And do report it via the bug link above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back