• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Rename "Other Lightroom mobile Device" folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

did

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom CC 2015.14
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi,

I recently started using Lightroom mobile. Photos are syncing fine now, but my iPhone is named "Other Lightroom mobile Device" instead of its name (DJ's iPhone). Is there a way to change that? Or reset & resync from scratch? I don't have a lot of images and haven't yet made any edits to any photos, so starting over is OK if that's necessary. Here's what I have:

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 6.09.12 PM.png

When I look for the imported photos in finder, they are in Mobile Downloads.lrdata with a really long string of characters as the folder name.

Appreciate any help or thoughts. Thank you!

I don't know why the device is listed that way, pretty sure back in the day it used to be more specific about the devices that I sync. I have a test system on my Windows machine where I see things like "Jim's iPad" showing up (twice, though only one iPad is synced!). On my main system I don't use that default Mobile Downloads.lrdata location with its obscure folder names, that's the default location which can be changed in the Classic>Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab. I have changed the default so that my synced iPhone images are simply added to my main folder in the same date-based folder scheme alongside all my other camera captures. When you change the default, that entry in the Folders Panel should no longer appear (but you'd need to move the existing contents within Lightroom to another folder, before it disappears).

I don't know why the device is listed that way, pretty sure back in the day it used to be more specific about the devices that I sync. I have a test system on my Windows machine where I see things like "Jim's iPad" showing up (twice, though only one iPad is synced!). On my main system I don't use that default Mobile Downloads.lrdata location with its obscure folder names, that's the default location which can be changed in the Classic>Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab. I have changed the default so that my synced iPhone images are simply added to my main folder in the same date-based folder scheme alongside all my other camera captures. When you change the default, that entry in the Folders Panel should no longer appear (but you'd need to move the existing contents within Lightroom to another folder, before it disappears).

Thank you! I changed the default to a new & different folder within my photos filders. I re-synced and everything now works the way I expect. Appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back