• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Rename lens make in a non-Adobe lens profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob211

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
I downloaded a lens profile from Laowa for a lens they make (15mm F4 if it matters). The lens has no electronic connections. Laowa only made one, even though the lens comes in several mounts, but is otherwise the same. I use it either on a Pentax or a Canon RP with adapter.

The lens profile, however, shows as "Nikon" for all mounts, and so I have to remember to look there when setting the profile in Lr Classic. It won't stick because again, no electronic info on the lens so no exif data for it.

I'm wondering if it's a simple as editing the .lcp file since it's XML. But there's a bunch of spots mentioning Nikon (which is probably what they used to make the profile for all mounts), like so:

stCameraProfileName>NIKON D810 - 15 mm f/4.0</stCameraProfileName>
<stCamera:Make>NIKON CORPORATION</stCamera:Make>
<stCamera:Model>NIKON D810</stCamera:Model>
<stCamera:UniqueCameraModel>Nikon D810</stCamera:UniqueCameraModel>
Then this for the lens itself:

<stCamera:LensPrettyName>Laowa FF 15mmf/4 Macro 1X SHIFT</stCamera:LensPrettyName>

So would changing any of that list the profile under say "Pentax" in the dropdown list of "Make" in Lens Corrections? (that "PrettyName" is, well, cute)

I went in my Mac to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/ and found no lens profiles. Also, when in DEVELOP mode sometimes the lens I took the photo with appears,s and in other cases, it does not, how can I add specific lenses to my lens profile folder?
For example, I have a Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II lens and in some photos, it says the focal length was 16 mm but this lens profile does not appear and it's the only 16 mm lens I have, in other photos this lens profile appears.

For example, I have a Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II lens and in some photos, it says the focal length was 16 mm but this lens profile does not appear and it's the only 16 mm lens I have, in other photos this lens profile appears.
Most lens profiles are for raw only. Most likely you had a jpeg selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back