• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Rename Export Presets in Finder - Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobOK

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LrC 10.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
I used LrC to navigate to my folder of Export Presets. As my folders and settings change over time, I wanted to pop my more current ones to the top of the list using an Underscore as the first character. I wanted to do it in Finder so I could look at the file dates. It worked in Finder but NOT in LrC, the old names persist. Are the names actually IN the presets? (As I write this I think that must be the case).

So I have to name them specifically from within LrC?

Thanks,
Rob.

The export presets are text files in the file system. But Lightroom uses the internal listed name. When created these two names match but you can change the file name in the file system with out changing the internal name . You probably don't want that, I my recommendataion is to rename them in the Export Preset dropdown. You can edit both the file name and the internal name using any text editor and that works too.
I tend to group and prefer certain presets too. I give mine names like "01.00 My Special Preset". and "01.01 Amazon Photos Preset". Numbers sort before letters and I can group by numbers.

Thanks @clee01l -- I think you mean the Export dialog box, and right click on it and select Rename? I was able to edit the text files and change the Display Name, but agree just doing it from the panel is easiest (but like I said I wanted to see the file dates in the file system).

Thanks @clee01l -- I think you mean the Export dialog box, and right click on it and select Rename? I was able to edit the text files and change the Display Name, but agree just doing it from the panel is easiest (but like I said I wanted to see the file dates in the file system).

Yes, that is the Export Preset drop down in the Export dialog

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back