Removing JPEGs when I have the RAW files...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
OK, for a while, I was taking pictures in both JPEG and RAW at the same time. I have since just moved over completely to raw and learned the errors of my ways. :)

I'd like to identify, remove, and delete all the extraneous JPEGs from my library that have identically named .CR2 (Canon's RAW) extension. While I know I can do this from the Finder with a variety of methods (I'm a Mac guy) I was wondering if anyone had some creative ways to do this in Lightroom.

Thanks!

OK, for a while, I was taking pictures in both JPEG and RAW at the same time. I have since just moved over completely to raw and learned the errors of my ways. :)

I'd like to identify, remove, and delete all the extraneous JPEGs from my library that have identically named .CR2 (Canon's RAW) extension. While I know I can do this from the Finder with a variety of methods (I'm a Mac guy) I was wondering if anyone had some creative ways to do this in Lightroom.

Thanks!
Joshua, what I do is select a folder within LR/library view and then sort by "file extension", it is then easy to select the jpegs and delete them. This would work in All Photographs as well.

That'll work! Thanks!

Kiwigeoff;267' said:
Joshua, what I do is select a folder within LR/library view and then sort by "file extension", it is then easy to select the jpegs and delete them. This would work in All Photographs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back