Removing erroneous keywords

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshua

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I inadvertently added a keyword to some of my photos that was misspelled. I've fixed those pictures with the newly correctly keyword but when I go to enter keywords on new imports, the 'auto-fill' feature keeps trying to suggest the old erroneous one.

For example, the original keyword for supposed to be "boston" but I typed "boton" instead. Now when even I start typing "bo", it tries to auto-fill will "boton".

Any ideas how to clear this from the buffer?

Thanks!

micon.gif

If you go to File > Catalog Settings, on the Metadata tab there's a Clear All Suggestion Lists.

I'm not aware of any way to just clear one I'm afraid, I can't see where they're stored.

I actually figured out the problem... right after I posted of course. :)

There was one photo in my collection that still had the erroneous keyword, causing the auto-fill. I removed it and now all is well!

If you go to File > Catalog Settings, on the Metadata tab there's a Clear All Suggestion Lists.

I'm not aware of any way to just clear one I'm afraid, I can't see where they're stored.

Glad to hear it Joshua!!

Select the keyword images and you can drag them to the correctly spelled keyword. Then control/click the misspelled keyword (mac) and you will have the option to delete the keyword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back