• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Sync Removed all synced images, still shows 9GB cloud storage used

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanHaynes.com

alanhaynes.com
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version 9.0
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
  2. iOS
  3. Android
I stopped syncing of all collections in Lightroom Classic so that LR Classic now shows zero synced images. In LR Android, I deleted all images so it shows zero. I also went to LR mobile (the one on the web) and deleted the library. I also have LR IOS on an iPad.

All of these now show zero images. But the IOS, Android and LR Mobile apps still show about 9GB of used space on the cloud. How can this be? If there are no images, what is using that space? Or, does it take the cloud a long time to update? I finished all of this yesterday, so surely 24 hours is enough time.

How can I get my cloud storage space to show ZERO? I've included a few screen shots so you know I'm not imagining this stuff.

LR Classic shows 0 synced but 8.76GB used.jpg

Above image is from Lightroom Classic.

LR Cloud shows 0 photos but 8.8GB used.jpg

Above image is from Lightroom (formerly Lightroom CC on the cloud).

LR Android shows 0 photos but 8.8GB used.jpg

Above image is from LR app on Android.

Attachments

• LR Mobile shows 0 photos but 9GB used.jpg
    LR Mobile shows 0 photos but 9GB used.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 116
  • LR Mobile shows 0 photos but 9GB used.jpg
    LR Mobile shows 0 photos but 9GB used.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 118
Have you looked in the Creative Cloud Files folder using File Explorer? Any files in there?

There are two elements to your cloud storage: images that you sync from any of the cloud apps, and any files that you put into the Creative Cloud Files folder (which acts like Dropbox). The total of the two elements is the figure that shows in all the apps.

Jim, I just checked my Creative Cloud Files: I have only 94MB there. So, that may account for some of the space Adobe says I'm using. What about the other 8GB? Any other thoughts?

I'm getting somewhere now. I had checked the "Files" section of Creative Cloud, but I forgot to check the Creative Cloud "Deleted" section. I selected almost everything in the Deleted section and Permanently Deleted it.

Now, according to Creative Cloud, I only have 456MB of used space. However, the mobile LR apps and the web-base version all still show about 9GB used. I'm hoping they'll eventually sync up to show the correct number, but I'm not holding my breath. Wish I knew why Adobe can't get sync to work well.

Creative Cloud Deleted - after Permanently Deleting most files.jpg

If it doesn't sort itself out, report it at the Official Feature Request/Bug Report Forum at Photoshop Family Customer Community so someone can take a look at your account on the back end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back