[RELEASE] External Application Chooser for Adobe Lightroom (Mac OS X only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

floyd

Hi,

this is my first post in this Forum, but for a good reason :)

Ever wished to have more choices for external applications to open you image files from Lightroom? So did I and created a small Applescript application that lets you choose with which app you want to edit your pictures. You don’t need to export your pictures anymore to edit them with Lightroom adjustments.

To download the Disk Image and read the Instructions please visit:

http://www.essl.de/wp/2''8/'3/21/external-application-chooser-for-adobe-lightroom

Have Fun!

If times allows, I will create a vb script with about the same functionality.

cheers,
dirk

rcannonp;111'2 said:
How are Windows users going to use it if he wrote it in Applescript?
Cannon, read the last line of the OP!

Don

Sean McCormack;111'' said:
I'd say Windows users would appreciate this too Dirk.

But it will be a bit more painful to configure it on Windows, as Windows's Visual Basic scripting is not that nice and will not allow something like
'tell application Preview to open these_items'

I will do my best :)

cheers,
dirk

Hey, I sometimes (as Sean can attest) have the same problem. I tend to scan/skim read.

I check all posts here and at the UtoU and select posts at Dgrin and then all elsewhere, it is a lot to read word for word!

But when one works that way you have to at least read the first and Last!

:)

Don

I guess that I often read the first paragraph and then scan for important words after that. "Windows" doesn't register as an important word.

The plugin seems to work alright. I don't really have anything that I ever need to open images directly into besides PS. I might try and see how it works with Illustrator. Sometimes I'll open images into that for tracing. I was hoping that the plugin would enable opening files directly into PS as smart objects, but they still have to get processed out. I spent a couple of hours last night trying to create a workflow for that.

Sean McCormack;111'' said:
I'd say Windows users would appreciate this too Dirk.

I have finished writing the script for Windows, and now I know, why I just love my Mac. Visual Basic is somewhat ugly...

cheers,
dirk

finished

Hi,

I've finished the ImagingChooser for Windows.
As I don't have Lightroom for Windows, could someone please test it, if it works? :) I don't know, If you can set a vbs script as an external editor in Lightroom.

It is very basic, as I didn't want to create a hta app to keep it simple.

After Installation you can add shortcuts to
c:\program file\Imagingchooser\Apps.
After choosing Imagingchooser.vbs as external Application, you will see a standard WIndows dialog which lets you choose the application you want to edit the images with.
You can even browse outside this directory and select whichever application you like.

Download it here, as msi attachements are not allowed here

www.essl.de/stuff/ImagingChooser.msi

Have fun!

cheers,
dirk

If you have a Windows machine Dirk, you can download the Windows version of LR and use your existing serial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back