• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

RED LIGHT ON SD CARD DRIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

maQSea

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom CC updated
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi, Everyone!
When I insert my SD card I am experiencing a Red Light when I click on the SD Card bar in Lightroom Left panel and the drive is not highlighted!
My external drive and C; drive are showing green but the SD card is Red and not highlighted!
Does anyone have any information as to why this is and any solutions! Be very much appreciated!!!

Peace...
maQSea

Have you tried restarting LR or your computer. I use a card reader and sometimes when it has a glitch I just unplug it from my iMac with the card still in it and plug it back in.

A red light generally means the volume is low on available space (less than 1GB available), which wouldn't be at all unexpected if one shoots with a card until it's full.

What is a concern is why the "drive" is showing in the Library Folders Panel at all....you should NEVER see a memory card appear there. The only way you can get the memory card appearing as a drive in the Folders Panel is if you have copied files to the card during an import, i.e. you've selected the card drive as the Destination drive. That's a really bad idea given the transient nature of memory cards, and I would advise you to move the imported files off that "drive" onto a more permanent hard drive as soon as possible.

Thanks, Zenon! No I have not tried restarting LR. The card reader is built into the laptop but I will look at the restarting of LR option!

A red light generally means the volume is low on available space (less than 1GB available), which wouldn't be at all unexpected if one shoots with a card until it's full.

What is a concern is why the "drive" is showing in the Library Folders Panel at all....you should NEVER see a memory card appear there. The only way you can get the memory card appearing as a drive in the Folders Panel is if you have copied files to the card during an import, i.e. you've selected the card drive as the Destination drive. That's a really bad idea given the transient nature of memory cards, and I would advise you to move the imported files off that "drive" onto a more permanent hard drive as soon as possible.

Thanks, Jim Wilde! Yes, the card in question is full! I may have misstated the SD card as a drive. When I insert the SD card I expected to see it highlighted as the source of my imports and it wasn't, but I just realize that I did not click the import button! I'll go through the process again and post my findings! Thanks again for the help and insight!

Thanks, everyone for your input and insight, with your help I was able to piece together what my problem was and am happy to report that as of now everything seems to be working well again! Thanks again!
maQSea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back