• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Recovering Deleted filles

OwleyMedic

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I was going through a batch of photos I took a few days ago, deleting those I did not want I used the option "Delete from Hard Drive" Are these deleted files stored anywhere. there were a few I accidentally deleted and would like to recover them.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
I was going through a batch of photos I took a few days ago, deleting those I did not want I used the option "Delete from Hard Drive" Are these deleted files stored anywhere. there were a few I accidentally deleted and would like to recover them.
"Delete from Hard Drive" means what is says. Those original files are gone. You now need to recover and restore these from your system backup. (Time Machine or some similar app.) Once you recover these images, you will need to use one of the recent LR catalog backups to recover the Lightroom adjustments into your master catalog.
I can go into a more detailed process once you have recovered the master original images from your system backup app and identified a LR catalog backup file containing the LR adjustments to these missing images.

OwleyMedic

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Thanks for the info, I will attempt the back up and see there that goes. If I need further help I will check back.

Ian

phcorrigan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Typically when you delete files from disk in Lightroom they will be moved to the Trash (Mac) or Recycle (Windows) bin. I would first try recovering them from there.

theturninggate

The Turning Gate
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Depending on whether or how much you've shot on your memory card since the files in question were there, you might have an easier time running data recovery on your memory card than on your hard disk. Worth trying, anyway. In the past, I've had good luck using Data Rescue.

camery20l

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Depending on whether or how much you've shot on your memory card since the files in question were there, you might have an easier time running data recovery on your memory card than on your hard disk. Worth trying, anyway. In the past, I've had good luck using Data Rescue.
I installed the program but it only scanned existing photos on my computer.

Last edited:
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
You can select the memory card to scan instead camery20l.

Wansfwer

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
You are right,the deleted files can not completely deleted from the phone , maybe the data still exist the iPhone memory or other device , you just need to scan the phone device ,
I just followed this steps to scan my iPhone and i have succeed restored deleted messages on iPhone .

Last edited: