• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

reconnect jpg to dng as sidecar

Status
Not open for further replies.

braver

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I had some strange import hiccups where RAW+JPG pairs were separated and not setup with JPG as RAW sidecar. My preferences do not tell Lr to treat them as separate. I had one import where SNGs were duplicated with -2 (although this was the very first and only import) and then there was the original DNG and the JPG. I deleted the -2s and auto-stacked RAW and JPG by using stacking interval of 0. Still it would be better to reconnect JPG as a sidecar for DNG, in each pair. Doable?

This only occurs at import. So you will need to import them as a pair. If you already have develop work, keywords, collections assigned to the original DNG, then you need to import to a different folder (so as not to get the -2 appended to the file name) and then relink the old DNG reference in the Lightroom Catalog to the last import where the DNG has a JPEG sidecar.

I had some strange import hiccups where RAW+JPG pairs were separated and not setup with JPG as RAW sidecar. My preferences do not tell Lr to treat them as separate. I had one import where SNGs were duplicated with -2 (although this was the very first and only import) and then there was the original DNG and the JPG. I deleted the -2s and auto-stacked RAW and JPG by using stacking interval of 0. Still it would be better to reconnect JPG as a sidecar for DNG, in each pair. Doable?
Try using ‘Synchronize Folder’.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back