• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Recognizing a backup EHD for images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge of Alaska

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lr Classic 8.3.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I recently had an external hard drive containing my images get it's cable connector port bent and now have intermittent connection problems to the EHD. So, I've a new EHD, copied over my images now and have the same hierarchy as I had on the old one. How do I get Lr to recognize this new EHD so I can access my old images? Also, do I need to do anything different with my catalogs that originally were tied to the images on the old EHD?

Import a random file from the drive and it will show up. You don't need to do anything with the catalogue.

I recently had an external hard drive containing my images get it's cable connector port bent and now have intermittent connection problems to the EHD. So, I've a new EHD, copied over my images now and have the same hierarchy as I had on the old one. How do I get Lr to recognize this new EHD so I can access my old images? Also, do I need to do anything different with my catalogs that originally were tied to the images on the old EHD?
See Victoria's blog post: Lightroom thinks my photos are missing—how do I fix it? | The Lightroom Queen

Import a random file from the drive and it will show up. You don't need to do anything with the catalogue.

No, this won't help at all to restore the Lightroom connection to the old images.

No, this won't help at all to restore the Lightroom connection to the old images.

Right. I should have expanded. I figured the ? mark would prompt to re-establish the link. Thanks for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back