• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import Recognising files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin Page

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
11.41, Camera Raw 14.41
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
I have been using my Lumix LX100 trouble free for years with Lightroom, shooting Raw and jpg. Yesterday I shot a number of images in an art gallery, Raw and jpg, and when I put the card in my M1 MacBook only one of the images was present, in both formats. This gave me a shock as I immediately wondered if all the care I had taken shooting the artworks and their caption plates had been in vain. I put the card back in the camera and the images were there, phew! I tried again with the MacBook and still no sign of the images at Import. I then downloaded the image files from the card to my SSD drive and 'Added' them to my catalogue. This was an effective workaround but does not explain the problem. Any suggestions please?

Not sure what to tell you, but from my non Mac perspective it feels like some sort of Mac permissions thing where the LrC app is not being permitted to see or read the memory card. From what I read on blogs, recent updates to the Mac OS include tighter and tighter sequrity controls and permissions have to be granted at finer and finer levels of detail.

Apple changed the security requirements in MacOS Monterey. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic and Photoshop to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic and/or Photoshop if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox. See also Quick Tips: How to give Full Disk Access to Lightroom Classic on macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back