Re: Text overlay issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom manley

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Text overlay issues.

Using the slideshow facility in Lightroom is a great way for me to present work , and organise my workflow. However i find the text overlay options very limited and clumsy to work with.... i am probably mistaken here, but find it very difficult to add custom text to one image and then add more text to another image within a slidehow. Surely there must be a way of removing a text overlay from certain images or including small paragraphs / items of different text to images within a slideshow? Any advice would be appreciated

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum!

The simplest option is to fill in the text in the Caption field in the Metadata panel in Library module, and then set the Slideshow module to show that Caption - it'll be blank on images without a caption.

Tom, Welcome to the Forums. As you note Lr's capabilities are limited in this area.

If you look at the Custom Text dropdown, there by the 'ABC' icon at the bottom of the Slideshow center panel, you'l note that the Caption and/or Title fields can be applied to the slides, and these fields can be set differently for each image in the photo metadata (in Library module).

Thanks for the response and know it has been a long time since checking back ... I can see the insert caption metafield in library module can then be inserted into a slideshow but it does not enable breaks in a paragraph or formatting to be applied to the text. I realise Lightroom is a photographic piece of software and not primarily for presentations but this is a part of photographers workflow to present their work and it would be great if the slideshow facility allowed a bit more interactivity and creation of more dynamic formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back