• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Sync Re-sync a corrupted file from Android to Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umberto Cocca

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 8.0 [ 1193777 ]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
  2. Android
Hi, I am using LR Classic on my Win 10 laptop, and I have installed LR CC on my Android phone. I set it up so that I can automatically add the mobile phone photos to LR CC and sync that collection to LR Classic.

In LR Classic I received an error message scrolling through one of the 3000 photos imported from the phone: "LR has encountered problems reading this photo, you will not be able to make adjustments on this photo". The photo shows a black ! in the Library module, grid view. Switching to the Develop module, I get another error message: "The file appears to be unsupported or damaged".

It is a .jpg file and it is only one of thousands of files I have imported from the same mobile (Huawei P10 plus). I still have the original .jpg file on the mobile phone but it won't appear in LR CC.

Q1: Is there any option to force sync only this photo from my mobile phone to the LR CC and to the LR Classic CC on the PC?
Q2: In the Library module, on the "Catalog" panel, it recall there was a "collection" called "sync errors", or something in the like of this. It seems it has disappeared from my LR Classic, or is it one of the latest LR improvements? Is it possible to get it back in place? I do not know how many photos might be affected by this error.

Thanks in advance!
Umberto

You can't resync, and you have to remember one other thing: if you remove a synced image from Lightroom Classic, you will remove it from the cloud!

The way to do this is to use Lightroom CC for the desktop. Select the image and choose 'Save to:'. Choose 'Original'. Replace the image that was downloaded by Lightroom Classic with this image.

Thanks Johan,
I thought there was a way for single images, but I appreciate the fact there isn't. In fact I guess it would create more hassle than benefits since I already culled hundreds of useles snapshots and I don't want to have them back in my catalog.

Since the image is not in the cc, my best guess is to manually download it from my mobile and place in the folder LR is expecting to find it. Then I can sync the image to the cloud from that collection. I do not care having the original resolution on cloud, all is backed up already.

Sent using Tapatalk

Ref my Q2, anyone knows how to get them back?
I believe it should appear automatically if there are any (new) sync issues. It's one of those collections in the top left panel that you cannot change yourself.

Johan's correct, it only appears when there are, in fact, specific sync errors. So not having it showing is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back