• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Print module Re-ordering files in User Template

jerry12953

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
For some reason I can no longer move files around in a user template in the print module. It will only show them in strictly numerical order, no matter what order I select them in.

Can anyone help me here, please?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
What ‘files’ are you referring to?

jerry12953

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Thanks. Will have a look at that soon-ish but got to rush off now. I think the problem started when I discovered that my custom template had disappeared and I had to create it from new. May have done it a different way.

jerry12953

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Yes, that was the problem - now solved! Many thanks.

I had adapted a Lightroom template whereas I needed to create a new one from scratch. It is a mystery where the original custom profile disappeared to.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Perhaps solved, but if you were talking about 'Print' templates and sort order, then-
Layout Styles for {Single Image/ Contact Sheet} and {Picture Package} will always 'fill' the photo cells in the order of the photos in the Filmstrip, Folder, or Collection.
If you want a special sort order to fill the print template- Create a standard Collection and sort the images manually in the Collection, then go to the Print module.