• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Export Re-linking multiple files to RAW before exporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greggo

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 9.1 [ 201911291132-64cf80b4 ]
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
hi everyone,
I have a wedding as a catalog of smart previews. I also have the original RAW files. I have edited using the previews. Now I want to export at the highest possible quality, but the JPEGs I'm getting are only small 1-5mb.

I can't work out how to relink to the RAW files. I can re-link individual files, but is there a way to relink multiple files - or do I need to go through all 500 and relink them individually?

Tia :)

You should not look at JPEG file sizes and jump to conclusions. JPEG is a compressed format, so file size says very little about quality. Some images compress better than others, and 1 - 5 MB is not very small. Check the pixel count. Do the exported images have the same pixel count as the originals? Then there is nothing to relink. Are they only about 2500 pixels wide, even though you exported at full size? Then you did indeed export from the smart previews.

I can't work out how to relink to the RAW files. I can re-link individual files, but is there a way to relink multiple files - or do I need to go through all 500 and relink them individually?
How did you unlink them? Why can't you do the opposite of whatever you did before?

Exported without link to the original RAW file, the file size is 3.5mb, and the pixel dimensions are 2560x1703.

Exported after relinking to the original RAW file, the file size is 9mb, and the pixel dimensions are 4256x2823.

I need to be able to export ALL the images after relinking, they're to go in an album - but is there a way to relink ALL smart previews back to the original RAW files, without doing it one at a time....?

This may help.

If the other person sent you the raw files in the same directory structure that the catalog thinks they're in, it will be easy to link them. See the above link for how.

Someone else created the catalog and has the RAW files. I have a copy of the RAW files.
In LR, select the folder that contains the photos you're editing. If it is shown as missing, right click it, choose Find Missing Folder, and point to the folder with the raw files. If it is not missing, right click and Show in Finder. Put the raw files in the Finder folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back