Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 8
I have recently had to reinstall my standalone version of Lightroom 6.

When I tried to import RAW Files from my Panasonic Lumix GX8 Camera I get the "No Preview Available" error message.

If I then try to import I get a further error message "The File format is nor recognized by the RAW format support". When I try to check for updates I get another error message - the version check was unsuccessful. I have tried using a downloaded file for Lightroom 6.12, but that doesn't work - "Bezel" is stuck on 6.0

Is this a camera raw issue - i.e I have too old a version of Adobe Camera RAW - can I apply 10.3? - If not how do I fix this - 6.12 worked perfectly until I had to reinstall.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Camera Raw has nothing to do with this, Lightroom has its own built-in version of the engine. For the Lumix GX8 you need Lr 6.1.1 minimum. Download the updates here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Camera Raw has nothing to do with this, Lightroom has its own built-in version of the engine. For the Lumix GX8 you need Lr 6.1.1 minimum. Download the updates here: Download Photoshop Lightroom
Johan Thank you for the the link - do I have to install the updates sequentially? - I tried to install 6.14 and got a an error message regarding a missing dll file.

Thank you for your assistance.

Did you extract the updater from the zip file? I always do and it has worked fine for me. The updater should work in one go as it has all the earlier ones built in to it.
If that doesn't work, uninstall LR, reboot, and reinstall, followed by the updater again.
HTHs

Did you extract the updater from the zip file? I always do and it has worked fine for me. The updater should work in one go as it has all the earlier ones built in to it.
If that doesn't work, uninstall LR, reboot, and reinstall, followed by the updater again.
HTHs
I've tried TWICE using the suggested methodology - the result is the same - I get the error message concering the "api-ms-win-crt-l1-1-0.dll" file that is missing. Can someone send me a link to a download for either 6.13 or 6.14 that includes this file?

I have recently had to reinstall my standalone version of Lightroom 6.

When I tried to import RAW Files from my Panasonic Lumix GX8 Camera I get the "No Preview Available" error message.

If I then try to import I get a further error message "The File format is nor recognized by the RAW format support". When I try to check for updates I get another error message - the version check was unsuccessful. I have tried using a downloaded file for Lightroom 6.12, but that doesn't work - "Bezel" is stuck on 6.0

Is this a camera raw issue - i.e I have too old a version of Adobe Camera RAW - can I apply 10.3? - If not how do I fix this - 6.12 worked perfectly until I had to reinstall.

Many thanks for any assistance.

I managed to get Lightroom 6.14 to load by installing the x64 version from Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back