Re-importing images to catalogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

monkeypoint

Hi-I moved all of my photos from my external drive onto a new internal drive. Is there a way to access the images in the library without having to reimport everything and create new preview images? Because the image location is different, I get a message saying "image is offline" when I set LR to the Develop module.

Thanks,
Michelle

Welcome to Lightroom Forums!

Don't re-import -- you need to redirect Lightroom to the new location.

Right-click on the top-level folder in your Folders list and choose "Find Missing Folder...". Navigate to the new location, and all will be well.

Excellent advise Mark - and welcome to the forum Michelle!

Thanks everybody! OK, I tried re-linking and it seemed to work in some cases, while not in others. This is very strange: I organize my shoots into folders and name them according to date/last name of bride_last name of groom. Ex.: 2''9'11'_dub_obama Inside the main folder are 2 folders. I follow the same naming convention: '9'11'_dub_obama_dng, '9'11'_dub_obama_jpg for these two folders and for the files within the folders: '9'11'_dub_obama.'''1.dng, '9'11'_dub_obama.'''2.dng,...

So here's what's going on: when I try to relink the dng folders, for some reason, LR is reading the files within the dng folder as: '9'11'_dub_obama_dng.dng instead of '9'11'_dub_obama.'''1.dng

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Michelle

Here's a guess from someone who doesn't own a Mac and doesn't own Lightroom 1.4.

I own another Adobe product (Photoshop Elements) that hates file names with more than one period in it. Try changing one of the file names so that it has only one period in it, and see if LR recognizes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back